Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Ack! I've been Tagged!

Oh, yes; I've barely gotten my feet wet, and here I am learning all about meme tags. Heaven forbid that it be I who breaks the chain, so here, forthwith, are my honest and true answers to *melanie*earthenwood , who tagged me.



  • What were you doing 10 years ago? Ten years ago I was living in North Carolina and had returned to college 25 years after high school graduation. I was totally at home studying natural resources at the College of Forestry, NCSU


  • What were you doing 1 year ago? Exactly one year ago I was deciding whether to have surgery on my neck to replace two compressed disks. I was doing PT for that and a torn rotator disk and was ordered not to do any gardening. In July a year ago I had it done and never looked back; best decision I ever made.


  • Five snacks you enjoy: stovetop popcorn made with corn oil, no butter, lots of salt; chocolate; strawberries in season with brown sugar and sour cream; red grapefruit; GORP


  • Five songs to which you know all the lyrics: Okay, I'll admit it: "Stairway to Heaven", "Desperado", anything by Michael Franks (just about), ummmm, "The Star Spangled Banner", ummmm, ummmmm, hmmmm.... lots of REM songs; am I showing my age yet?


  • Five things you would do if you were a millionaire: Fund my grandson's college education; fund our retirement so my husband could retire right now; buy a little house in Johnstown and set up a bead shop/artist studio co-op; give some to my kids; and finally, give some to my favorite charities.


  • Five bad habits: Not exercising or taking care of myself; eating for the wrong reasons; obsessing over unreachable goals; procrastinating; leaving my clothes on the floor.


  • Five things you like doing: playing with clay; spending time with my husband; walking around the pond with Ethan, my grandson; visiting Raleigh, NC and catching up with my kids and friends; walking in the woods at any time of year; gardening; sewing. Oh, that's more than five, but who's counting?


  • Five things you would never wear again: a bikini; a business suit; hot pants; hair dye; a wedding dress.


  • Five favorite toys: Legos; crayons; Play-doh; the blocks my husband made for Ethan; a rubber ball.


    1. Tag; you're it! Here's the next round of bloggers who have to figure this out. I did it; now you can, too! Just cut and paste the questions above into a post of your own, edit out my answers, and insert your own. Tag five more bloggers and let them know they've been tagged.

      Shaterra Clay Studio
      Kim Gepper's Blog
      Ginny Moore
      Becca's Beauties Blog
      My last one was to have been Gaea Beads, but she was tagged by *melanie*. So I'm on the prowl to find some other lucky winner!








      No comments: